Hey Family Church!
I didn’t do a devotional today for the 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. I want you to pray specifically about some of the things in this email instead.
First, let me start by saying how deeply honored and humbled I am to be your pastor. I’m overjoyed and thankful to the Lord to pastor such a wonderful church. Thank you to Pastor Bill and Peggy Fitzhugh for 23 years of dedicated and dynamic ministry to Family Church – 20 of which they put into me. Haley and I learned how to be pastors, value the Gospel, love people, and make disciples by watching and serving with them. They will always be our pastors!
I’m looking forward to leading and shepherding Family Church in 2015. I’ve only been your Sr. Pastor for a year now and what a ride it’s been! Fun, challenging, and worth it! I plan to lead you as I follow Jesus. The success and growth of the church isn’t built on one man though – Jesus said He would build His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18). I desire to equip you for the work of ministry as we mature into the church Jesus wants (He’s the Head of the church) with each part doing its part of ministry (Ephesians 4:12-16). It will take all of us being the body (1 Corinthians 12:12-26; Romans 12:3-5) to see the church fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the Great Commandments (Matthew 22:36-40). Our vision at Family Church is to glorify God as we win souls with the Gospel of Christ and make disciples of Him. I love being the church! I love my church!!!
Praise the Lord with me in a few things.
- We are starting a new food pantry sometime in February. What a great opportunity to reach people right where they are but take them to the next level in Christ.
- Our Next Step classes are filling up. That means people are wanting to step up in their relationship with the Lord.
- There are tons of new faces at Family Church these days! We average about 15-20 individuals and/or families who fill out guest cards each weekend! God is up to something as He continues to draw people to Family Church! The next New Member class is February 8 and 15.
- I’m looking forward to preaching on marriage for a couple of weekend in February just before our Children’s ministry (Boomerang) goes live in the weekend services on February 21/22.
- We’ve baptized 19 men at Tucker Prison ministry this year!
Join me in praying for the following:
- Planting a church in Redfield. The building is coming up fast! Pastor Dan McDonald is coming on full time on March 1. (Pray for next steps, meetings, leadership, finances, etc.)
- Increased unity as a body – make us one as You and the Father are one.
- That we would continue to be a Gospel-centered, Gospel-driven church
- For more leaders to be raised up. Remember, to have leaders you must build leaders – find someone to pour your life into and grow them in discipleship and leadership. Disciples are made not inherited.
- Pray for a 10% increase in our finances over the next year. We are doing good in our finances and have always grown in our finances every year as a church. Pray more people would be committed in their giving (2 Corinthians 8 & 9). We have a lot ahead of us to do for God’s Kingdom.
- We need 1000 people to give $5 a week this year toward the Building Fund. That will multiply what we receive in our Building Fund 5 times! If 1000 people give $10 a week this year we will walk in to Redfield DEBT FREE.
God is up to something great at Family Church! I’m so thankful to be part of a church that’s actually being church! Thank you Lord for including me in Your Kingdom work. Keep us humble and obedient to Your Spirit’s voice, Biblical mandate, and Kingdom purpose. May You get all the glory. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.